more concepts…

I really like that video Raz! I think light might be the most effective thing to make ‘interactive’ (give over to the audience/public basically) because i’m not sure turning dials etc. will make people as excited as moving lights!

They’re great designs Ian, Jim makes a good point about the wind issue though. Do you think we could use a computer fan to drive movement, or drive a bigger fan with something optical?

I’ve been brainstorming about what the final thing will look like too, and thinking about how we could build on our fan ‘oscillator’ circuit…

In this (messy) diagram, a whole bunch of fan/circuit units are built up in some finished way (circuit house in a box etc) with an input for power and an audio output. These are chained together so each fan modulates the light source onto the photoresistor unit behind it.

If these are our oscillators, I thought about our oramics/drawing idea again and maybe mounting a roller system in front of the oscillator rack (like an overhead projector basically) and using the drawing to filter/modulate the audio signals. The audio would be summed to a simple mixer at the front.

I’ve totally ignored how the main light sources would work, maybe with handheld/suspended elements for the public to interact with, or a mobile/prism idea in a dark room?

Here it is anyway:

Oh yeah, and I suggested we arduino-control some lights… though how we do that I don’t know…